17 July 2019
JNL has confirmed it is consolidating its providers of general freight services to transport all of the company’s mill supplies and finished products across its four wood processing mills in Kaitaia, Gisborne and Masterton.
JNL made the decision to consolidate its general freight services earlier this year as part of the company’s ongoing work to ensure it is match-fit for the future in a challenging and competitive environment.
JNL has undertaken a comprehensive tender process over the past four months to select the freight partners to work with. The company today confirmed Mainfreight Limited as the Key Service Provider for road transport. The China Navigation Company NZ Limited will provide coastal shipping services.
New Zealand General Manager of JNL, Dave Hilliard, says efficient and cost-effective transport is critical to the company’s operations between its mills, to deliver products to its domestic customers and export products to ports around the North Island. In 2018 the company freighted 182,217 tonnes of products and equipment.
“We would like to welcome Mainfreight as our new key service freight provider and look forward to working with them.
We would like to thank all of the freight partners who have worked with us. In particular, we would like to acknowledge and thank the TOLL Kaitaia team,” says Dave Hilliard.
The media contact for Juken is Trish Sherson on 021 570 803 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the media release here: JNL Media Holding Statement 17/07/2019
About Juken New Zealand Limited
- Juken has over 30,000 hectares of sustainably managed and certified plantation forests in East Coast and Wairarapa.
- It has four wood processing mills to produce advanced and innovative wood products timber products from its Radiata Pine forests in Kaitaia, Gisborne and Wairarapa for local and export markets.
- The company employs around 1000 people across its forestry and processing businesses in New Zealand.
- Juken makes a wide range of engineered wood (LVL, Plywood, Panels) and solid wood products for structural and non-structural building uses including external, internal appearance and nonappearance
- The company is owned by parent company WoodOne Ltd, a major international housing materials and componentry company, which has invested over $NZ700 million into its forest and processing operations in New Zealand in the past 20 years.
- Juken New Zealand was established as a subsidiary of WoodOne by its founder Toshio Nakamoto in 1990.
- Toshio Nakamoto was awarded the New Zealand Order of Merit in June 2005 for services to New Zealand – Japanese Relations.
- WoodOne remains family owned by the Nakamoto family and Mr Nakamoto’s son, Yusho is now the President and Director of Juken New Zealand.