Forestry Production and Engineering Manager
Juken New Zealand Ltd (JNL) is a global company operating in local and global timber markets. JNL owns four wood processing plants in the North Island, and forests in the Wairarapa and East Coast regions. We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join the business in the position of Production and Engineering Manager to join our busy team on the East Coast. In this role you will be reporting to the General Manager East Coast Forests and you will be responsible for managing the forests harvest production and engineering operations to efficiently manufacture and deliver log products to customer specifications.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading all facets of forest production to achieve daily, monthly and annual targets
- Managing all engineering activities for harvest planning and road construction
- Managing contractor relationships to meet legal and company requirements
- Ensuring that all production systems and personnel operate in compliance with JNLs Health &Safety and Environmental Policies, Procedures and Standards.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have the following attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in forest harvest planning, resource consenting and road construction management
- A tertiary qualification in forestry or related discipline
- Focus on ensuring a safe and healthy workplace environment
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Ability to think innovatively and analytically
- Desire to build on existing skills to further pursue a long term career in forestry with the support of JNL