Spaceboard is a lower density version of Triboard with a medium density fibre surface and a low-density flake core. It is light but strong, durable, and easy to handle and work with. Like Triboard it has an enhanced screw-holding ability and a smooth, impact resistant surface. It is suitable for a wide range of applications (including partitions, non-structural internal walls, lightweight, solid doors) and it comes in several different sheet thicknesses and sizes.
Also available is a Super Low-Density Spaceboard (SLD) – an innovative, versatile product with many of the engineered features of Triboard and Spaceboard but with an even lower density and therefore lighter weight. Although screw-holding is less than ordinary Spaceboard, it has the added and defining feature of being easily pin-able. The result is a light, cost effective option for such uses as office dividers or floor to ceiling partitions. It too is available in a range of panel thicknesses and sizes.
What Others Have To Say:
Michael Hunt, Business Manager at New Zealand Fire Doors. ‘Spaceboard fits a specific need for a lighter type door without compromising performance. It is easy to work with and extremely versatile, enabling us to use it as a base for adding architectural features or as a cost effective solution on its own’.
The Best of Both Worlds:
Lightweight yet Strong and Durable
Spaceboard™ features a medium density surface with a low-density core. The result is a lightweight board that’s easy to handle, strong, durable and impact resistant. Spaceboard is the lower density clone of Triboard, distinguishable by the green dye in the strand core. Spaceboard can be used for the manufacture of performance doors in commercial, industrial and domestic applications. It can be used as a non-load bearing demountable partition or as a lightweight solid door. The possibilities are endless.
The smooth, medium density fibreboard surface of Spaceboard provides the ideal base for a high-grade paint finish, similar to Triboard. The result is a superior finish to enhance any room’s décor. Spaceboard’s lightweight yet stable inner core offers enhanced screw holding ability. Screws will not loosen over time, ensuring a lasting permanence to your decorative finish.
Spaceboard is available in a range of thicknesses to suit your needs. It can be supplied as ready-cut door blanks or as Masterboard for partitions. The ready-cut door blanks save you both time and material costs, and effectively speed up the manufacturing process, making your projects more economical and cost-effective.
Handling and Storage:
- Prior to cutting, Spaceboard should be conditioned to ensure that the sheets reach their moisture equilibrium before use. This can be done by putting the sheets into fillet to allow air circulation around both sides of the sheets for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Avoid damage to Spaceboard face and edges, keep the panels clean to avoid stains.
- Always stack Spaceboard horizontally, supported by a minimum of three gluts at 1200mm maximum centres, laid on a flat, level and dry surface.
- Spaceboard must be protected from direct sunlight whilst in storage or manufacturing process.
- For short-term storage on site, protect Spaceboard from direct weather exposure with tarpaulins or similar.
- To prevent moisture build up under covers ensure there is proper air circulation around the pack.
- Prior to painting or priming Spaceboard panels, all dust should be removed from the surface of the board. Surface sanding is recommended if a fine surface finish is required.
Safe Work Practices:
Health and safety precautions must be taken when working with heavy and large products such as Spaceboard. Appropriate manual lifting and handling techniques must be developed in accordance with guidelines from OSH (New Zealand) and NOHSC (Australia) and Workplace Australia. Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet and other publications available either by contacting JNL or from our contact page.